Saturday, February 24, 2007

i have a dream...

Sometimes I wonder, what would it be like to have full control of my dreams? What if we all did? What if we could somehow order our dreams before going to sleep as easily as ordering a pizza with our favorite toppings? What would people order? Would we sleep better? Would we sleep longer? Would we want to wake up? Would we be happier?

For about a year now, nearly all of my dreams have included a particular person, let's say person B. Having person B in my dreams is indicative of a past life, of lingering thoughts, of difficult times, but more recently (about 3 to 4 weeks ago), person B has been let go - downsized. Replaced by person D, person C has been apparently skipped over. But why?

Last night my PG dream included some friends and person D. While the content is not very exciting, the presence of person D is; it is to me. I'm not exactly sure why. Maybe because it suggests I'm making some sort of progress. Maybe because person C has never really been part of my dreams despite obvious reasons, yet person D has despite no obvious reason. If I were in full control of my dreams, would it mean something different?

What would you dream about if you could dream about whatever you wanted?

No comments: